Jul 12, 2012

Jason Gann Is Hilarious in Wilfred


Wilfred was a show I thought I would never give a chance; a guy dressed in a dog suit who thinks he is a dog (sounds stupid right?). Well, that is exactly what I thought until I watched my very first episode last week. I was pleasantly surprised of how well written it was, but what took me back even more was the quality of the humor.

Ryan Newman (played by Elijah Wood) is a solid performer in the comedy; he’s character Ryan is strangely the only person who sees his neighbor’s Wilfred (played by Jason Gann) as a man in a dog suit. What’s more absurd is that Ryan turns to Wilfred for advice about his life! And Wilfred’s Australian accent is the icing on the cake in this crude comedy. Wilfred oddly also walks talks and acts like a full grown but has the thoughts of a dog with a flippant dog. This where the comedic (dare I say genius), comes through. Gann is hilarious as he has several dialogs with Woods about typical things a dog may think (from how dog’s and babies are in a cuteness competition or how he had a sexual relationship with the couch). The other supporting cast is also pretty good; Amanda (played by Allison Mack) is a quirky co-worker to Ryan who is a pleasure to watch every time she is in a scene. This show in my opinion is one of the more underrated comedies on TV, this may be down to the premise of it but Wilfred is definitely something you should give a chance; you can thank me later. You will love it! Rating 8.0/10

Catch Season 2 on FX this summer.
I just realized my first two posts have been about FX shows, completely coincidental, a different network will get my love next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips